Friday, July 23, 2010

Who's gonna watch you die?

What Sarah Said - Death Cab for Cutie

Sillyness. Sillyness for us humans not ever wanting to grow old. Not ever wanting to be seen with raisin-wrinkled skin, and etched smile-laugh lines across our worn out skin. When it is actually a privilege to have so much knowledge and wisdom. To know every bump in the road, and every stone in the path. To grow old with someone who you still fall in love with more and more everyday. To be so humble and take a walk with him and just laugh knowing you have lived it to the fullest. You've tried on every sock in the drawer. You've had the experience of a lifetime. To tell everyone you have, "Seen it all!" kissed every frog to find the guy. And that you have danced the funky chicken at your 4oth wedding anniversary. Although your age sets you back and causes forgetfulness, you can still remember your first kiss. Your first love. Your first heartbreak. Your first husband..haha Your last husband. The beauty in age is so unseen.
Those who never even experienced the laugh lines etched upon their skin. Those who never lived past 35. or even 18. or even 5 minutes old. Those who never even had a future before they had a past. The aborted. The murdered. The sickly. The depressed. The addicted. I have a confession. I am proud of. My birth mom, was date raped. Which is how the blessed miracle, of this singing, inspiring, piece of magnificence came to be. August '09 is when this truth had been uncovered. For 15 years of my life I had thought I was the unwanted. But now I know, I am the blessed.
And its SO insane! to think I could have easily been put away. Just another dent in a woman's life. But I wasn't. and there must have been SOME reason why I survived. I survived years of pain. I am Lisa Shae Johnson. and I am Pro Life.
I have survived.
Can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment