Tuesday, September 7, 2010

time takes time.




One year ago. I didn't know you.

Well. I knew you, but I was caught up in my own melodrama from an ex boyfriend. I thought he was honest. I thought he was nice. But that was before I noticed my attraction for you. That was when I had first discovered relationships that last. Until mine had finally crumbled. I saw it coming. I didn't want to admit it though. but what can I say? I was only a young naive freshman. I didn't know any better.


Eight months ago, broken worn and confused.

sitting in English. I noticed. I saw you sitting there. Only feeling a slight spark. A slight spark in my mud hole of a heart. You were so curious. i wanted to know more about you and talk to you for hours about you. I knew you wouldn't even take a second glance at me. A filipino with a boring past. I thought. you wouldn't even notice me.


Seven months ago I knew what to do.

I decided I would try to build a relationship with you. If not my boyfriend, at least my friend. so I began to talk to you. I began telling my friends about my new found crush. They tried to encourage me. And even brought me up to you every now and then. I was soon informed of the Sadie Hawkins dance. where it all began.


Six months ago you gave me butterflies.

With Sadie Hawkins swiftly approaching and me spending days deciding how on earth I should ask you. Nights spent wondering if you felt the same way I did. My friends asked you how you felt about me. you showed interest in me. And I you. Eventually I devised a plan to ask you to sadies. I don't know if you remember but...the first time I attempted to ask you I was so nervous I ran away. and you standing there with all of my friends probably didn't notice... but they did. my next endeavor was a shoot and score! With alittle help from my friends, Nothing a little encouragement can't do. I remember your exact words "Heck Yes!" I won't forget. ever. and when sadies was finally here. i remember dancing and laughing. smiling. being happy. the happiest in months.


Five months ago.. well....five to six...

You finally asked me out:) i was so happy i died. I knew a week later would be your birthday. i didn't want to get something over the top or something below the belt. soo I knew i would kiss you. after a week of dating, and the day before your birthday, I kissed you. or maybe it was the other way around. You kissed me. Or maybe is was just a mutual decision.. whatever it was.. it was perfect. just like you


4 months ago we were still going strong.

every day of every week I was hoping that it would last. I would cross my fingers and hope not to make the wrong choice. every day I would try so hard to be your perfect. knowing I am completely horrible at that.



3 months ago I had to travel.

I still don't know how on earth I lasted two full weeks without you. longing to be with you. Sitting in the cold wind in Alaska wondering what you were doing at that exact moment. trying to text you but not a single text sent. Calling but losing service. Calling but not having enough time. Calling but being interrupted. Calling. and finally coming home and seeing you. Finally at last in your arms kissing you and feeling the love sink in past the ice that had grown while I was away in Nikiski.


2 months ago till the end of a lifetime.

you filled the rest of my summer days with a happiness I never knew existed. and that is... extreme happiness. Who'd have known. that a year ago you were merely a passing glance. a slipping thought. and a deep hidden craving no one knew about except for myself.



one month ago till the rest of our lives.

we became the best of friends. you know everything about me. you know what I like. you treat me like a princess. you make my world. you built me up from broken bones. you cheer me up and help me escape home. You bring out the best in me. and the crazy. you brought me out of the dark.



Now beyond forever.

You’re my only. You’re my one. We’ve been perfectly in sync our whole relationship and even though it’s only been 6 months it’s real.Its real because of everytime you whisper you love me. and everytime you automatically know I am yours, all of me, for every moment of forever. I gave you everything of me and you gave me everything of yours. For forever and ever. not a day less. not even a sick day.

I love you.

-hakuna matata.

1 comment: